10. On the road and leaving the kids behind. Good to have a break from those you love the most.
9. Filling the road miles with a two hour summary of The Walking Dead for the friend who is not a viewer. Two hours of her life she will not get back!!!
7. Our lazy Saturday morning. No alarms were set. We slept until we woke up. One by one we made our way into the living area for coffee, breakfast and planning for the day.
6. A beautiful, sunny afternoon on the beach with moments of Eli and our Crimson Tide on the radio. RTR!!!
5. RACE DAY!!! Around mile 2 the question was asked, 'why is it we do this"? Response: a breathless, "I don't know"! Mile 4 brought "hey, I'm just here running with my friend". About mile 5 or 6 much needed comic relief (and a touch of horror) from our people watching on the course. Mile 9 brought our first glimpse of the beautiful beach and our "old lady" high five. A Robin Williams look-a-like and his singing fellow runners made mile 10 or so fly by. As we ran down Ocean Blvd I realized I had been there before, fours years prior, in a car, because I was not a runner then. A sign that read, "pain is temporary, internet results last forever" made us laugh along mile 11, but we did not run any faster. Finally, the FINISH LINE, where our speedy friend patiently waited. 13.1 DONE!!!
4. An afternoon of movies made for a restful recovery. Complete with a red Swingline, baby steps, and talk of burning the building down.
3. The comfortable silence in the car as we started our return journey. Knowing all of our minds were occupied with thoughts of home.
2. Myth BUSTA!!!
1. It was so NOT about the bling!!!